Monday, November 28, 2005

Benny Hinn

Now here is a evangelist that stirs up some controversy. Just this Sunday there was a program on one of the local channels, which was really a rebroadcast of a documentary made by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Now some people swear by Pastor Benny, most notably this person (read the topmost letter). Specifically, this person's argument seems to be that an unbalanced picture was painted of the beloved pastor, and that had a more balanced picture being painted it would somehow make things ok.

I really don't understand HOW people can think that way. If we consider the things he has said (documented) the only conclusion we can come to is that he is either somewhat crazy, or he is one of thebest scam artists the world has ever seen.

But of course I have a specific way of looking at things. I have a degree in Applied Maths and Computer Science. We learned that to disprove a statement only requires a single counter example, a single documented case where the statement fails.

Now, lets consider that Benny Hinn said that Jesus told him that He will physically appear at one of his crusades. According to Matthew 24:26, this is not possible. Jesus could not have told him this. If He did, He would be contradicting Himself.

The only conclussion I can come to is that Benny Hinn is a liar.

If you don't believe me, come to Africa and I will show you how the other half live. Then come back to me and tell me it is okay for him to do what he does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home